New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sachelis

7 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2021 :  4:09:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We select a visual manager at startup:

CRRVisualManager2016::SetStyle(CBCGPVisualManager2016::Office2016_Black);
CBCGPVisualManager::SetDefaultManager(RUNTIME_CLASS(CRRVisualManager2016));

The ribbon bar (CBCGPRibbonBar) and property panes (CPropertiesPane) show the correct color (in this case, black). However, dialogs (CBCGPDialog) don't (they're still light gray).

The dialogs are derived from CBCGPDialog. If I step into a dialog's OnCtlColor() function, I see that CBCGPDialog::OnCtlColor() returns CDialog::OnCtlColor(), because IsVisualManagerStyle() sees that m_Impl.m_bVisualManagerStyle is false (0).

I'm confused why it is false.

Please don't ask me to open a ticket, as my license is no longer active for support. However, I think you'll see I've paid more than $1,500 for support over the years and opened very few tickets. I'm hoping you'll be able to help me out in this rare case where I can't find a solution. Thanks!

Also, I know you tend to ask for a sample project. This project is large (200,000+ lines). I wouldn't know where to go about starting a new BCGSoft project. I'm mostly asking whether I should be doing something different so m_bVisualManagerStyle is true for CBCGDialogs. Thanks again!

Steve

Gandalf

149 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2021 :  08:16:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you should call the function <CBCGPDialog::EnableVisualManagerStyle>. This function has the the possibility that you can exclude dialog controls from the visual manager.
Go to Top of Page

Support

4063 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2021 :  10:56:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, we confirm that likely the issue is caused by missing EnableVisualManagerStyle call (see https://bcgsoft.com/doc/how_to_add_themes_to_dialog.htm).

If this is not a reason, we need a repro sample (not your project with 200,000 lines).

BCGSoft Technical Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
BCGSoft Forums © Copyright (c) 1998-2021 BCGSoft Co Ltd Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000