BCGSuite for MFC
 BCGSuite for MFC
 grid - selected text position in cell
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

emassicot

7 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2021 :  11:38:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When a user is on a cell in a grid and highlights a substring in the text, do you provide an easy way to tell what has been highlighted? as in the starting character index and the length of the highlight? I need to replace what has been highlighted with another selection the user might make - they will not necessarily be typing directly into the cell to overwrite, so I will need to save the start and end indexes to overwrite once they have made a selection. Hope that makes sense. Thank you for your help.

Support

4208 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2021 :  03:57:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us!

Do you mean selected text in the grid cell in-place edit?

Sincerely yours,

BCGSoft Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

emassicot

7 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2021 :  06:25:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As soon as I start to highlight text in a cell, it goes into edit mode. So yes, I need to select some or all of the text in a cell during in-place edit and know what the start and end indexes of the highlighted text are. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Support

4208 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2021 :  06:48:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the reply.

To get the indexes of the selection in the in-place edit please use CEdit::GetSel method or send EM_GETSEL message to the edit. To access an in-place edit window please use CBCGPGridCtrl::GetInPlaceWnd method.

Sincerely yours,

BCGSoft Technical Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
BCGSoft Forums © Copyright (c) 1998-2022 BCGSoft Co Ltd Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000