BCGControlBar Bugs and Problems
 Virtual Grid
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mfarrell

31 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2020 :  06:21:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hi

I was looking at the vitrual gird in BCGPGridExample and it looked to be working well until I changed the number of columns and it just falls over.

To test I change the lines 72,73 in the VirtualGridCtrl.cpp to:

const int nColumns = 250;
const int nRows = 250;

It cannot handle a grid with 250 Columns by 250 Rows with out becoming very very slow. What is the problem here?

Support

3954 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2020 :  03:42:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi,

The virtual mode works only for the rows. For columns the virtual mode is not supported. The virtual mode in the grid control is supposed to be used for records in databases where the number of rows may be very large and the number of database fields is limited. Actually if the grid has more than 100 columns the performance will decrease.

Best regards,

BCGSoft Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

mfarrell

31 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2020 :  04:51:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

It's not really a virtual grid then. What is the reason for not supporting virtual columns?
Go to Top of Page

Support

3954 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2020 :  05:08:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
As we already mentioned, the "virtual grid" is a grid with a huge amount of rows, not columns.

We'll consider to implement the "virtual columns", but we cannot promise that this feature will be implemented soon.

BCGSoft Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

mfarrell

31 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2020 :  05:36:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I think it would be a useful feature to make the gird a truly virtual grid. At the moment the column limitation causes us a lot of problems so we will stick to our own virtual grid, thank you for the reply.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
BCGSoft Forums © Copyright (c) 1998-2020 BCGSoft Co Ltd Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000