BCGSoft Professional Editor Forums
 BCGPEdit Library-related topics
 DBCS/MBCS support
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

freddy

2 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  8:43:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've tried the demo, no DBCS/MBCS, no IME support. An UNICODE version may work, but it cannot run under Win9x/Me easily, any plans here?

BTW: It seems to be much slower than competitors, e.g. Scintilla, but I do like the stream folding feature, nice work.

freddy

2 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2004 :  8:51:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Long time no reply, seems nobody is in charge here...
Go to Top of Page

Support

4187 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2004 :  06:09:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello freddy,

Now we don't have intention to implement DBCS/MBCS, and IME.

The editor performance was improved in the last version released in July 6, 2004.

Sincerely yours,

BCGSoft Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

ReyesRJP

3 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2011 :  10:20:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any update to this? MBCS seems to be working for me in Korean but not in Japanese. If I copy / paste Korean text into the control I get the correct characters but if I copy / paste Japanese I just get question marks.

If I can't get it to work in Japanese I will have to remove it from my product. APJ is a high growth geography for us.

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

ReyesRJP

3 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2011 :  10:30:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am testing on Windows XP.
Go to Top of Page

Support

4187 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2011 :  11:06:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Support's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hello,

Would you please open new support ticket in HelpDesk http://www.bcgsoft.com/HelpDesk/
and send us a sample text in Japanese, which leads to error while copy/paste. We will test this particular case. Thanks in advance.

Please try compile in Unicode. Unicode version of the editor is compatible to work in multilingual applications.

Sincerely yours,

BCGSoft Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

ReyesRJP

3 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2011 :  12:41:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I opened help desk issue 4463.

This is a 2 million lines of code application with MBCS based file format, etc. I can't just recompile to Unicode without a major change to the product and writing new code to convert existing files to Unicode.

I also tried with version 9.0.0 of the control and get the same result.

I will try to attach the text I am testing with to the issue.

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Gemini

320 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2011 :  03:48:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Allthough it is a big task converting it to Unicode you should really starting to convert it. The longer you wait the more work you will have.
We had to do the same to all our products. Maybe even more code-lines.
It took us some time. But if you do it in the right way you can still build in in Non-Unicode until everything is done.
Start using TCHAR instead of char.
There are a lot of functions replaced by versions that depending the build are unicode or non-unicode.

II
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
Jump To:
BCGSoft Forums © Copyright (c) 1998-2022 BCGSoft Co Ltd Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000