BCGSoft Forums
BCGSoft Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 BCGSuite for MFC
 BCGSuite for MFC
 Dynamically Loaded Gantt Chart

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Insert Smilie

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
MattLittlemore Posted - 10/14/2020 : 11:48:57 PM
We are currently using the Gantt Chart in our product, where tasks and dependencies are loaded up from a model, and continues to watch the model for any changes to these, and updates when required. This is working well but is very slow when 100,000 tasks are in the model.

It would be nice if the Gantt Chart had the option to dynamically load task items as required, where it only cares about the tasks that are currently visible in the chart. When you scroll through the chart, it would forget about the tasks that are no longer visible, and query about tasks that have come into view. When something changes in the model, the gantt could do a simple refresh, which should be instantaneous if the gantt only needs to know about the 20 or so tasks that are in view, rather than requiring all 100,000 tasks to be loaded.

Would something like this be possible? Either by overriding some functionality in the BCG gantt controls, or a future update from BCG?

There is the Virtual Chart in the Chart Examples, so this idea isn't anything new for BCG.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Support Posted - 10/15/2020 : 12:56:46 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion.

For now, our Gantt chart doesn't support a huge amount of tasks and virtual mode.

We'll consider to add this feature in one of the future product versions.

Best regards,

BCGSoft Forums © Copyright (c) 1998-2022 BCGSoft Co Ltd Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000