BCGSoft Forums
BCGSoft Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 BCGSuite for MFC
 BCGSuite for MFC
 Bug CBCGPTasksPane eats keyboard input

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Insert Smilie

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Andreas Posted - 04/03/2020 : 08:55:20 AM
I use a CBCGPTasksPane with several taskgroups.
The content of every taskgroup is a dialog.
The dialogs has serveral windows controls for e.g. Edit, Listbox, Checkbox.

When I type cursor down and the focus is in a listbox, than the next item of the listbox will be selected.

But when the listbox is part of a CBCGPTasksPane the cursor down is eaten by CBCGPTasksPane::PreTranslateMessage()
I think this is a bug.

I'm right?
Andreas
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Support Posted - 04/17/2020 : 10:43:08 AM
Hi,

Please open a new support ticket (https://support.bcgsoft.com/) and attach a repro sample. We'll take a look what's going wrong.

Best regards,
Andreas Posted - 04/17/2020 : 04:28:14 AM
Hi,

Ok now I found the different. We have instead of dialogs PropertyPages in the tasksgroups. So the base class is CBCGPPropertyPage and not CBCGPDialog.

CDialog::PreTranslateMessage() calls IsDialogMessage() and all is fine.
CPropertyPage do that not. But the CPropertySheet::PreTranslateMessage() do call also IsDialogMessage() and all is fine.

In the case of propertypages in a CBCGPTasksPane it do not work, because CBCGPTasksPane::PreTranslateMessage() eats the WM_KEYDOWN.

What is the reason for CBCGPTasksPane takes all keyboard input in PreTranslateMessage()? (Not only those which are sended to the window itself).
Best regards
Support Posted - 04/08/2020 : 06:50:45 AM
Hi,

This sample (as well as any others) is located in the SAMPLES folder under the product installation directory.

Best regards,
Andreas Posted - 04/08/2020 : 03:04:44 AM
Thanks for your answer,

I need same time to find the TasksPane Sample on your home page, because a search does not find it. Anyway I can conform that your excample works fine.

Do I have access to the source code of the examle application?
So I can find the difference to my application.

Best regards
Support Posted - 04/04/2020 : 12:43:42 AM
Hi,

Thank you for contacting us!

First, please take a look at this topic:
https://www.bcgsoft.com/cgi-bin/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5662

We cannot reproduce this problem in our TasksPane sample: on the 3-rad page ("Custom Forms") we're able to select list box items using arrow keys.

Best regards,

BCGSoft Forums © Copyright (c) 1998-2022 BCGSoft Co Ltd Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000