BCGSoft Forums
BCGSoft Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 BCGSuite for MFC
 BCGSuite for MFC
 Activating MDI child repaints all MDI children

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Insert Smilie

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tony Posted - 10/21/2019 : 1:41:35 PM
I am using version 29.0 with Visual Studio 2015 compiler.

When activating MDI Child frame window via mouse click one would expect that only two child windows get repainted - previously active MDI child, which becomes inactive, and a newly active one.

However, in my case I see that all MDI children get repainted, including those whose activation state hasn't changed. Beside being questionable on the general grounds, when you have a good number of MDI children displayed this causes undesirable effects/delays in painting and working with newly active window as one has to wait for everything else to repaint.

I analysed the code and concluded the following:

The application I am working with is OLE Container

Specifically for OLE Container, change in activation state invokes also the function globalUtils.ForceAdjustLayout

This function will cause immediate and full redraw of all the children.

Since the original MFC code, even in the case of OLE Container application, has no such behavior I am wondering why was this introduced and is there a way to avoid or lessen pretty bad (in my case) effect of redrawing all MDI children as user clicks around activating a single windows.

1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Support Posted - 10/22/2019 : 05:11:34 AM
Hi,

Please take a look at the forum rules:
https://www.bcgsoft.com/cgi-bin/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5662

3. If the problem cannot be reproduced in our examples/samples, please open a new support ticket (http://support.bcgsoft.com/) and attach your sample where we can see the problem.

Best regards,

BCGSoft Forums © Copyright (c) 1998-2022 BCGSoft Co Ltd Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000