Chart control supports 2 legend types: simple (built-in) or advanced (external).
Legend formatting includes the following customizable elements:
- Legend Position and Visibility
o Hidden Legend
o A Legend takes left, right, top, top-right and bottom positions
o A Legend can overlap the plot area, or take place outside of the plot area
o Custom legend position
- Legend appearance, which includes outline and fill colors, border width and stroke style, text color, font family and size for legend entries.
- The text appearance for each legend entry can be formatted separately.
A Legend can display individual Data Point values
- A series can specify what content should be included into legend entry (it's series-wide option)
- It's possible to specify a custom string to be displayed in the legend entry for each Data Point.
The advanced chart legend has the following features:
- Ability to show legend entries from multiple charts.
- Custom entries support.
- Custom legend title.
- Custom legend cell format (including colors and text label formats).
- Custom columns.
- Vertical and horizontal layouts.
- Automatic scrolling.
- Print and print preview support.
- Mouse events support allows to create an interactive legend entries (such as buttons or checkboxes).
- Ability to show the legend in any window such as Visual Container, docking pane or any others.